.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Flog of the Prokonsul

Internet fluency, digital governance and Wikipedia propaganda. You have been warned.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Wikipedia project update

There have been two new strange editors involved in editing the article; since they did not post anything on their userpages, nor on article's talk page, I have no idea if they are part of our little group. If you are them, please identify yourself on the user page - at the very least by stating that you are part of our "Digital Citzenship" course. Personally, I have no problem with telling people I am who I am - I am proud of my contributions - but of course I respect your desire to be anonymous (although note that prof. Shulman may have trouble recognizing the input of anonymous students ;p).

The editors in question:
* Babym1424 edited the article on 16 October
** good job on labeling your edits with the edit summary and minor edit; very good job on deciphering how to use citation template (personally I think it's too complex and I don't use it myself :))
* Boo2989 edited the article on 17 October
** good job on using the edit summary

On a side note, consider that Wikipedia is here to stay and you may find yourself editing it in the future for various reasons. Hence if selecting a nickname, are you sure you want a random combination of letters or numbers?

I am looking forward to more people joining this project; I have pruned the external links from spam and irrelevance, but as I wrote on discussion page, they may well be important links we should now add that are not there. There is still plenty of work to do!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home