.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Flog of the Prokonsul

Internet fluency, digital governance and Wikipedia propaganda. You have been warned.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Phone revolution is here

Radio Shack to sell Skype Internet communications products


I wonder how can I ditch my Virgin mobile pay-as-you go now. Skype is so much better, obviously.
Do you have a Skype account? Feel free to give me a call at prokonsul_piotrus (just send me a message explaining who you are, because I ignore all unknown callers by default).

What is Skype? It's a free software that allows you to call any other Skype user (just like an instant messanger soft) for free. And for a small fee, you can call fixed/mobile phones, and receive calls for them. And you are not limited to your computer: as described above, you can now have fixed or mobile phones using Skype tech. Small wonder that recently (September) The Economist predicted that Skype and it's other VoIP friends are spelling death to the traditional phones: soon, all calls will be free.

Update: from late November, videophones are here: Skype 2.0 has added video support. I have tested it and it works! So if you want to see yours truly...now you can :)

Check also this Slashdot story aboyt skypecasting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home